|I had to climb up on the railing of the staircase to snap this picture! You can clearly see the extent of how |
packed our patio really is.
|Here's a shot from the door facing outwards!|
|Bull's Blood beets and Kaleidoscope Mix of carrots.|
|I absolutely love the foliage of the beets! With a touch of carrot leaf in the photo, this|
turned out to be one cool pic!
|The radish planter is absolutely bursting with growth! This photo was taken|
just before I harvested the first radish crop!
|While not the greatest angle, here's a look at the Alaskan Early shelling peas. They've|
grown quite a bit in the recent days, and I even think that there's a few flowers on the way!
|The tomatoes have been caged and the total count stands at three. While I only planned on growing two tomatoes, I ended up taking on one more. There are two Zapotec Ribbed Heirloom Tomato plants and one San Marzano Roma.|
|Who wants tomatoes without basil right? In this planter, there's four Sweet Basil plants and one Fern Leaf Dill.|
|Moving right along to the floral side of the garden, you can see Purple ASTI© Daisies and Goodwin Creek Grey lavender. Both of these plants were purchased at a nursery and were locally grown in Arvada, CO.|
|I didn't realize I captured a cat hair as well until I got to uploading!|
|One of the newest additions, Goodwin Creek Lavender.|
|In the bottom right corner, part of the bonsai-style olive tree can be seen. The Kangaroo|
Paw is the main flower in this photo.
|Although the Kangaroo Paw is native to New Zealand, I'm sure that it will do great in the|
arid climate of Colorado. This plant instantly became a favorite.
|White ASTI© Daisies.|
Observed Weather -
May 1 - 7
- Average High - 57.1°F
- Average Low - 30.4°F
May 8 - 15
- Average High - 73.9°F
- Average Low - 48.5°F
May 16 - 23
- Average High - 72.3°F
- Average Low - 47.1°F
May 24 - 27
- Average High - 84.0°F
- Average Low - 54.5°F
Current Planting -
- Vegetables: Bull's Blood Beets, Kaleidoscope Mix Carrots, French Breakfast Radishes, and five heads of an unknown variety of Garlic.
- Fruits - San Marzano Roma Tomatoes, Zapotec Ribbed Heirloom Beefsteak Tomatoes, Peter Peppers, Mexican Sour Gherkins, and strawberries.
- Herbs - Sweet Basil, Lemon Balm, Goodwin Creek Lavender, Fern Leaf Dill, and Common Sage.
- Flowers - White and Purple ASTI© Daisies, Kangaroo Paw, Snapdragons and a couple different miscellaneous annuals.
- Still to Come - Fatalii Chili Peppers, Purple Beauty Bell Peppers, O'Dham Indian Heirloom Chili Peppers, and Heirloom German Cabbage. (Once the radishes, beets and carrots finish, these will be rotated into the garden.)